The Valorant team has released a new update for the game, which includes changes to the existing gameplay and some new features.
Update 3.04 patch notes were published by Valorant on August 24. Several Agent fixes, including Omen and KAY/O, as well as various gameplay technologies and improvements, are included in this version. Observers will be affected by certain unique esports characteristics, making it simpler to cast matches. The complete Valorant August 24 patch notes can be seen below.
Omen’s Dark Cover Ability, KAY/equip O’s abilities, and Cypher’s Cyber Cage have all been added as minor Agent Bug Fixes in this release. If Viper is restrained while using Toxic Screen or Poison Cloud, her fuel no longer drains after her smokes have gone out.
The esports observer toolbox has been updated with a number of improvements, including the display of Tactical Timesouts in the correct team color. Cypher’s utility in his hand is now visible to observers, and the Viper ultimate ability is now visible on the observer minimap. Finally, numerous advancements in gaming technology offer greater insight into the game’s performance metrics and graphs. Packet loss analyses, additional data consumption metrics, and utilized and available RAM are now accessible to players.
Patch Notes for August 24th, Valorant (Update 3.04)
UPDATES FROM THE AGENT
- Omen’s Dark Cover may now spread in unexpected directions.
- The Dark Cover glitch caused the ability to drift slightly away from its intended location. While the smoke may behave differently while traveling and settling, it will now fall precisely where the targeting preview indicates.
TECHNOLOGY UPDATES FOR GAMEPLAY
- Performance Stats & Graphs (Settings > Video > Stats) have been improved.
- These figures have been added:
- Packet loss breakdowns (in/out and packet counts tracked separately)
- Average packet sizes and upload data consumption
- Send/receive packet rate
- Memory that has been used and that is still available
- For some of the noisier metrics where immediate values aren’t as important, the presentation has been changed to moving average.
- For certain metrics, support for displaying both average and maximum values has been included.
- Tracking and presenting these data at a lower cost of performance
- These figures have been added:
FEATURES OF ESPORTS
Heather “sapphiRe” Garozzo and DJ “prius” Kuntz, renowned observers and our companions in crime, deserve a special thank you from the Esports crew. Over the past year, you’ve helped us build up our observation toolbox from the shadows, and we really appreciate it!
- For observers, the custom Lobby player order now persists in Agent pick screens and throughout the game.
- Tactical Timeouts will now be shown in the team that called the timeout’s color (Teal for Defenders, Red for Attackers)
- Observers will now see Cypher’s equipped utility in his hand properly.
- In third-person, the white dot above a player’s head is no longer visible to spectators.
- The observer minimap will correctly show the viper ult.
- When changing player targets or switching to players after projectile follow, spectators will no longer see a short flash.
- To prevent eerie disappearing weaponry, you can no longer interact with the store during a timeout.
- When following another observer, observers with minimum HUD enabled will correctly follow minimap toggle settings.
- For projectile-follow observers, player nameplates are no longer visible on the screen.
QUALITY OF LIFE QUALITY OF LIFE QUALITY OF LIFE Q
- Model viewer has been improved.
- We’ve updated the appearance of several products in the shop so you can see them in all their splendor! You should be able to view the weapons in their entirety, including all of their different components and effects.
UPDATES FROM THE WORLD OF SOCIAL MEDIA
- Fixed a problem where player invitations may not vanish after being refused in certain instances.
- You should be able to test your voice settings again now that we’ve fixed a problem that prevented Loopback test from working.
- When you’re killed within smokes, the Nearsight effect is eliminated, which was a glitch.
- If Fixed Viper is subdued just as she engages Toxic Screen or Poison Cloud, her fuel will no longer drain after her smokes have gone down.
- If you equip and utilize abilities that have no charges immediately after activating NULL/cmd, KAY/O will no longer equip them.
- While Cypher’s Cyber Cage projectile is in mid-air, other abilities cannot be applied to it.
- The buff/debuff timings for spectators and observers were not showing up due to a problem.
- If an ally they were spectating at the conclusion of the previous round was suppressed, the ability UI would display you the suppressed effect graphics.
- Fixed a bug that allowed attackers to win if all alive players died at the same time before the Spike was placed (e.g., from the same Raze Showstopper)
- In these rare instances, the defensive side will now win since they successfully stopped the attackers from planting.
- If one team outlives the other, the behavior remains the same; the team that survives the longest is declared the winner.
- Turning off “Show Bullet Tracers” turned off everyone’s tracers, including your own, which was a bug.
- When you turn off the functionality, your tracers will be hidden, but enemy and allied tracers will remain visible.
- Fixed a bug where certain settings weren’t being stored correctly.
- Perf Stats & Graphs, as well as certain Shooting Range parameters, were impacted.
by way of Source
Follow the patch notes area of our website to stay up to date on your favorite game titles.